Jonathan Majors gets new court date as prosecutors say he’s ready for trial – The Hollywood Reporter

 

Jonathan Majors gets new court date as prosecutors say he’s ready for trial – The Hollywood Reporter

Jonathan Majors is due back in court on September 15 for molestation and assault, as prosecutors say they are ready for a hearing.

Majors appeared virtually before the New York Criminal Court on Wednesday. He had previously performed in person with his girlfriend, actress Meagan Good.

While prosecutors say they are ready for trial and have filed a certificate of compliance, attorneys for the majors say they found flaws in the certificate, prompting a new conference date to be held in a different courtroom. Judge Rachel S. Pauly said Wednesday that majors can also appear at this conference virtually.

The Creed III The actor faces harassment and assault charges after he was arrested in New York on March 25. Police responded to an 911 call and a 30-year-old woman reported being attacked by Majors. The police determined that she had suffered minor injuries. Majors was released from police custody later in the day.

Priya Chaudhry, the Majors’ criminal defense attorney, denies any wrongdoing by the actor and says he called 911 out of concern for the woman’s mental health. She also claims the woman involved assaulted Majors. In June, Chaudhry said she was requesting an expedited hearing to expedite the case.

The trial was originally scheduled to begin on August 3, but at the time prosecutors said they were still opening the investigation. The date has been pushed back to September 6th and has been delayed again.

Since the alleged incident, a judge granted the woman involved in the case a full restraining order. The order was requested by the Manhattan Attorney’s Office and granted with defense counsel’s approval.

In April, Majors was dropped by its management company, Entertainment 360, and its PR team, The Lede Company. The Army Enterprise Marketing Office has paused a US Army advertising campaign featuring majors.

The actor, who plays the role of Kang the Conqueror in the Marvel Universe, is still believed to have appeared in about half the episodes of Loki Season two, and Marvel hasn’t hidden that fact in marketing. When the studio released the first trailer in late July, a version of its character Kang actually appeared.

Previous Post Next Post